Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Rabbit OCS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Windows 10
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:09:56 AM »
Microsoft twisted my arm into installing Windows 10, so I opted for the "custom" install instead of the "express" install. It looked more intimidating than it turned out to be.

I  left my computer on all  night to do its thing. After everything was "finished", I seemed to have lost  some  of my programs,  like Teamspeak 3 and CoD4. After fretting with and cussing at Windows for  a few minutes, I rebooted. Lo and behold, things seem to working right now. Ccleaner and Speccy, however, were removed from my computer, and Spybot Search and Destroy had to be reinstalled. I have not completely checked out how much the running of the game server has been effected, but it seems to be okay so far.

I think I will test Windows 10 for a few days anyway to see how it goes before retreating to Windows 7.

Good luck with Windows 10, and remember that you may have to reboot after the initial installation.

Offline Elad

• Administrator
  • Out To Lunch
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2015, 09:53:47 PM »
Win 10 is so full of tracking software built in, I passed on it. But do here others liking it,,,

Offline Rabbit OCS

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 12:45:44 PM »
Looks like most, if not all, of the tracking can be turned off. I googled the issue, and followed the instructions. I think I can live with Windows 10.